Family Dedication is…
• An opportunity to thank God for the precious gift of your child/children
• An opportunity to publicly declare your intentions to raise your child/children in a Christian home
• A benchmark you can return to time and time again
• A dedication where the parents commit themselves to abide by biblical principles and to raise their child/children according to God’s standards
Family Dedication is a four-step process:
• Step 1 – Prepare. Fill out the online registration form by clicking HERE. (Please remember to submit the online registration form at least three weeks before the dedication. 954-322-4302)
• Step 2 – Learn. Attend the orientation classes at 9:00 AM on the Sunday before the dedication and Sunday of the dedication in the Pastor’s Conference Room at the back of the auditorium.
• Step 3 – Celebrate. Participate in the Family Dedication ceremony. This is your opportunity to commit before God and the congregation your desire to raise your child/children according to God’s standards. Invite family and friends.
• Step 4 – Connect. Join a group with other parents in our church to give and get support. Several options will be presented during the orientation class.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What about baptism?
We believe that baptism is meant to take place after an individual makes a personal decision to follow Jesus Christ publicly. We have a letter for your child to open when that special moment arrives. There will be an envelope in your dedication certificate that is to be opened on the day of your child’s baptism. Place the letter in your child’s baby book or other safe place and save it until the day your child accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Some people think that if a child dies before being baptized he will not go to heaven. We have confidence in a loving God who welcomes the little children. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, do not hinder then; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these…” Matthew 19:14
2. Are there any guidelines?
Family Dedication is open to parents for pre-school children and younger who can truthfully say, “I will commit myself to raising this child to know the Lord Jesus Christ by loving, disciplining, training, and setting a positive Christ-like example.
We encourage you to invite relatives and friends to this special event. Flash photograph and video cameras will be allowed during the dedication portion of the service.